Wednesday, June 16, 2010

I'm a Teacher!!

So I started teaching this past Monday. What an experience! I have been so tired that I have slept at 8 or 9 and stayed sleeping until 7 in the morning! It's been good. As my usual self I have been procrastinating lesson planning, so I plan things the day (and sometimes the class) before the lesson. I just haven't had time because I didn't know their abilities, where they stopped, etc. But I am into the swing of things now. This weekend (well Saturday), I am going to make lesson plans for the rest of this semester. (Don't be too impressed. The end of the semester is July 22.)

I've gotten a little scratch in my throat. At first, I was like, NO, this is not the time to get sick, but it's just allergies. I'm still trying to figure out what it is. Oh well, it'll probably be gone by Monday. At least, let's hope!!

So, let me tell you: Korea is NOT as cheap as people think it is. Food, like things that were once alive, natural food, can be cheap. However, other things are more expensive. I tried to buy knives and two knives were like $30+. Thanks alot to those of you who told me not to bring my knife set (ahem...Kareen), I just paid $20 for 1.5 knives and I had a 20+ set at home that cost me $24. Now I know.

On the other hand, I am glad that I brought my contact solution. I went to the store and they tried to sell a travel size bottle for $9..haha...I'd rather make my own.

Oh, back to teaching....I taught my 3rd grader lower class on Tuesday and I was told that they are one of the more "active" classes. Well, they were my best. Sixth grade lower, on the other hand, hmmm.....Lord help me. What makes it harder is that I do not speak Korean. I really want to say, "Sit down and shut the hell up before I knock you into your seat." Ok...I wouldn't really say that. (Hmmm...I'm gonna look into a polite way to say it in Korean.)

Well, that's it for now. I think tomorrow, I will shoot some video of the school and my experience. I will try to upload them.

That's it for now!

No comments:

Post a Comment