Saturday, June 12, 2010

I'm in Korea!!

So, I reached Korea on June 9th. (I know, it's been a while since I have written.) I am trying to get better with posting blogs. Since I don't have internet yet (I have to wait for my alien registration card (ARC), I have to actually walk to a PC Room near my house to use the computer. ) So, until my internet is up and running, my posts will be infrequent.

All is well. Jetlag didn't get me like I thought it would. Maybe it's because I arrived in the evening, so by the time I was settled down and ready for bed, it was night time anyway.

So since arriving in Korea, the following has happened:

---Did my physical: Not as bad as I thought it would be. They took my blood, urine sample and chest xray.

---Visited my school: The kids are so CUTE! I start teaching tomorrow (Monday). When I went to the school on Friday, I felt like a rock star! The kids kept sneaking out of class to see me and when I went into the English Zone/Room, many stopped by to say hello. Some stayed to play games. I was working on my lesson plan for the students. I need to finish working on it today. It was kinda difficult and confusing because I couldn't understand all of the previous teachers notes. Oh well, it's my class now.

---Went out with teachers and directors from my school: It was great! We had eel for dinner. Apparently it is expensive, so they pulled out all the stops for me. It was fresh and delicious. When I say fresh, I mean FRESH. The end of the tail was still moving even though it had been sliced. And the drinks were plentiful.

Everyone was very nice and the director, vice principal and head teacher are HILARIOUS! I was told that I may not have to cook a lot for dinner because the teachers and directors go out alot together. (I'm not complaining! )

The director told me that he likes the students to learn through music. I had said that I USED to play the clarinet and piano, and I don't know it that statement got lost in translation, but they were like, "That's great, you can use our piano whenever you like.) Ahhhh...lol.

---Learning the bus system: I took the bus to a city that is 30 minutes away today by myself. I went to a store (kind of life a Wal-Mart) to buy cleaning supplies and some odds and ends. I wanted to buy some other things, however, because I am taking the bus, I cannot take too much. So I will go again some time this week.

---Visited Seoul: I went to Seoul this weekend to eat (like always) as well as to see the World Cup game of South Korea v. Greece. Wow...these people have got SPIRIT!!!

Anyway, that's all for now. I am going to do some things on the computer, since I have to pay a dollar anyway regardless if I use an hour or not.

Talk to you later!

No comments:

Post a Comment